Graduate Nurse Program
Thankyou for your interest in the Graduate Nurse Year program at Tallangatta Health Service for 2019.
Please submit the following documents by Friday the 19th July 2019
- Cover letter
- Current resume/curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript
- Copies of summative assessments for the last two (2) placements
Group Interviews for these positions will occur in late August 2019
About our Program:
Tallangatta Health Service offers a program which enables graduate nurses to experience the full spectrum of rural health service delivery. The program is designed to facilitate the newly graduated (transitional) THS Registered Nurse to become a confident, safe and competent clinician.
The program allows you to integrate and consolidate theoretical and practical skills to provide best practice nursing care to the residents living in the Tallangatta community.
The THS Graduate Nurse Program has a strong focus on the special skills required by nurses practising in Aged Care, which enhances and consolidates your nursing knowledge.
Our Graduate Program Objectives
- To facilitate the development of confidence in the residential and community care settings.
- Facilitate the building of critical thinking and clinical decision making
- Facilitate the development of professional practice skills.
- Enable nurses to choose a career pathway that will provide job satisfaction and appropriate skill development.
- To provide ongoing career development opportunities with THS post program completion.
The Graduate Nurse Application information for 2019 can be found at www.computermatching.pmcv.com.au.
Undergraduate Student Placement
THS is committed to providing a coordinated process for students on clinical placement at Tallangatta Health Service (THS) that supports both the students and organisations needs, and meets the associated legal and professional obligations.
In addition the health service is committed to providing quality clinical placement supervision and/or management of students, which does not compromise safe multidisciplinary patient/resident/client-centred care. In addition THS practices within the Best Practice Clinical Learning Environment Framework.
THS is a member of the Victorian Clinical Placement Network and responds to directions following from this network as appropriate.
If you are interested in accessing THS for your students placement please contact:
All placement documentation is available through the Placeright platform. Students wishing to undertake clinical placements in THS must comply with placement requirements including National Criminal Record Check and vaccination.
THS has a small one bedroom unit available for students to rent during placement.
There may also be local facilities available to rent. Please contact front reception or Leanne Gale on 02 60715200 to enquiry on price and availability.
Secondary College Work Experience
The Tallangatta Health Service Secondary School Work Experience Program provides students with an opportunity to gain insight into the healthcare industry.
Areas of available for work experience include:
- Sub-Acute Unit
- Aged Care: Lakeview Nursing Home and Bolga Court
- Community: District Nursing
- My Community and Home Care: Allied Health
- Environmental Services
- Catering Services
- Leisure and Lifestyle Therapy
Students will be rostered Monday to Friday during normal office hours.
- Hours of placement will depend on the work experience requirement.
- All students must make an appointment to discuss their work experience requirements and intended dates and times to undertake the experience.
- All requests for Work Experience placement within THS will be managed and coordinated by the Clinical Placement Coordinator.
- Orientation of Work Experience students will be as per Orientation Package.
- All placements will be scheduled as per the availability of staff to supervise the student.